Thursday, May 9, 2013

An Almost Finale Party

So my lady co-workers and I love Grey's Anatomy. Unfortunately, because we have a rotational on-call schedule, very rarely are we able to be free for the evening and enjoy the show together. Tonight, however, we lucked out and were all free to hang, enjoy some beverages, and watch the season finale of Grey's (or so we thought) while we're all still working together.

We divvied up the responsibilities: Lauren's bringing the Crazy Bread, Bridget's bringing the pasta salad, and I'm making a spinach salad and hosting ( a favorite past-time of mine). We also planned out the drinks. I was making a delicious, summery drink I found on Pinterest. Here's the recipe:

3 oz. Moscato (I used PINK because we like pink)
1 oz. Sparkling strawberry-flavored water (it calls for strawberry soda, but I prefer the water)
1 oz. Vanilla vodka

I should have taken it as a sign that when I got to the store, I realized one of my co-workers doesn't drink vodka (smacks hand on head) and that when I got home from the store, I realized I didn't have very much vanilla vodka (another hand to the head). Clearly, this evening was not going as planned.

But never fear, we found a drink solution, everybody brought a little something, and beverages were not an issue.

We had quite the spread!


And see that small white bowl on the bottom left corner? That's amazingly delicious yummy dip that I made from a Real Simple recipe. And guess what! It's REAL SIMPLE:

1 c. nonfat Greek yogurt
1 c. feta cheese
1/2 c. oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
2 tbs. olive oil

Mix in a small bowl and serve with pretzel crisps OR FlipSides. YUM and really not that unhealthy. Unless you devour the whole bowl.

But anyways, onto Grey's. We settle in our seats and tune in, all a-twitter with excitement and speculation as to what the cliff-hanger will be. It's a pretty good episode. Someone gets beat up, someone gets engaged, they do an awesome brain surgery. And with 9 minutes left, we are wondering: what is going to happen?!

These people have been in hospital shootings, plane crashes, near-explosive situations--so really, WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NOW? Is Meredith going to have her baby? Is Arizona going to cheat? Will Alex go to jail?

OY! The room was buzzing with suggestions and speculations.

And then, it ended. (SPOILER ALERT) And we're like, okay, Meredith is going into labor and Arizona cheated. That's a  decent cliffhanger, but nothing compared to previous seasons.

And THEN, "Next week on the season finale of Grey's Anatomy..." WHAT?! This wasn't the finale?!

Nope. Sure wasn't. But it was fun. And we ate yummy food. And we enjoyed a night of non-work-related socializing. It was fun.

Next week, we'll tune in. Probably without the fanfare. But maybe with the dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment